Non-U.S. Student Programs

More than 1,800 new Foreign Fulbright Fellows enter U.S. academic programs each year. Foreign students apply for Fulbright Fellowships through the Fulbright Commission/Foundation or U.S. Embassy in their home countries. The Institute of International Education (IIE) arranges academic placement for most Fulbright nominees and supervises participants during their stay in the United States.

Visit for program eligibility and selection procedures as they vary widely by country.

Find specific information about the Fulbright Program in your home country, including eligibility requirements and application guidelines here